Poor work health and safety practices can lead to increased workplace injuries, heavy fines and even jail time.
Don’t be caught out by lax safety in your business. The Industryus Safety Audit is a simple, non-intrusive health check, prepared by our experienced WHS specialists. It gives you a greater insight as to where your safety practices may need improvement, and we all know that knowledge is power (and in the case of safety, knowledge saves you time and money in the long run).
In the Australian 2018-2019 workers compensation reporting period, there were approximately 115,000 serious workers compensation claims (at least one week off work). The occupations with the most serious claims were labourers, community and personal service workers and machinery operators and drivers. The industries with the highest rates of claims were agriculture, forestry and fishing industries, the manufacturing industry and the transport, postal and warehousing industries. Read the full report here.
While the report above highlights the most common instances of serious claims, it’s important to highlight that serious injury or illness can occur in ANY industry and ANY occupation. Where an employer hasn’t acted on their obligations in regard to WHS they become exposed to potential claims of negligence which can result in penalties and even jail time in serious cases. That’s why a simple safety audit will place you and your business in the best position to avoid these negative consequences.
What is an Industryus Safety Health Check?
The Industryus Safety Health Check considers information about how your business operates, from a health and safety perspective. Our WHS Consultant will consider all the relevant data that we collect and then compile it into a report which covers the various areas of safety which are relevant to small and medium business. The WHS report you receive will highlight any gap areas and contain our recommendations. As our Health Check method is quick and non-intrusive, your part will be done in about 30 minutes – it’s really that easy to get a snapshot of Health and Safety for your business.
What benefits will a simple safety audit provide for my business?
Having a Safety Health Check completed will:
- Provide insights into any gaps in your current safety practices
- Highlight what you should focus on in the short term, medium term and long term
- Enable you to look at safety more clearly in your business
- Allow you to focus on improving safety for workers and reduce the risk of injuries and illnesses in your workplace
- Help you to reduce your exposure to breaches of the WHS Act
- Save you time and money as having better health and safety practices will reduce injuries and incidents occurring
- Give you peace of mind that you are taking corrective action in such an important space.