Industryus HR specialises in advice, compliance, and effectiveness for workplaces (our HR ACE™ approach to HR). Our team of experienced HR Consultants work with established organisations and business leaders who have recognised their organisation could benefit from ongoing HR support.
Engaging Industryus for your organisation’s human resources gives you access to immediate HR expertise. Our Consultants have partnered with successful brands and managed impressive human resources strategic initiatives across many Australian organisations. By choosing Industryus, your organisation will gain access to highly experienced human resources professionals who have the know-how to achieve your specific HR needs.
What is your approach to HR?
Our approach is to partner with you and your leaders to promote best practice Human Resources. Your organisation will receive a holistic, quality service via our HR ACE™ approach. Our aim is;
- to help you and your leaders understand your employer obligations via advice
- to be better protected with the right compliance in place; and
- to help your organisation be more effective at managing your day to day HR obligations.
Upon engagement, our members are onboarded to Industryus via our induction program, which is included in our fees. This program enables Industryus to understand each client more intimately and for our clients to receive tailored support where it’s needed. One of the key advantages of engaging Industryus is our customised approach to HR.
How do I choose a credible HR provider?
Unfortunately, Human Resources is an unregulated industry and this means almost anyone can call themselves a HR Consultant. This, of course, means that not all HR providers are made equal. Therefore it’s really important to do some research and go beyond the website marketing.
When choosing a human resources provider, you should aim to answer the question: “Can they really do what they say they will do, or will it end up costing me more money in the long run”. Here are three points to consider:
- Look at what you are trying to achieve. If the objective for your organisation is to receive best in class advice and support to ensure it is compliant and making the best strategic decisions, then you need a provider that can demonstrate they have worked within large complex organisations. You will get what you pay for with HR, but you also need to be aware of providers that can talk the talk but have little substance when you dig deeper. Do your research.
- Beware of HR providers who want to lock you into 3 and 5-year contracts as more often than not, the service of these firms is below par and there is nothing you will be able to do about it because you are locked in. Only sign into a lengthy contract if you have used the provider previously.
- Established organisations should avoid “one-stop-shop” HR Generalists who advertise everything: advice, recruitment, training, WHS and whatever else. This is because it’s unlikely they will be true specialists in any one thing and this means they may not have the skillset to properly understand and manage complex HR matters. Look for an HR firm which niches in the areas you need support in so you know you are receiving value for money.
- Work out what kind of relationship you would like with your human resources provider. Would you like the familiarity of a close-knit HR team, almost like your own HR management team, or would you prefer to contact a call centre and get a different person each time? If you prefer the former model, look for a boutique team like Industryus HR.
What type of clients do you work with?
Mostly we work with organisations which have been established for at least a couple of years, and which are keenly focussed on growth and improvement. Usually, these are companies or NFPs with between 10 and 200 staff, but not always. They either have no internal human resources presence at all, some may have an HR/payroll administrator on site, or some may have gone back and forth between having HR support and no support.
The team at Industryus HR has a wealth of ‘hands-on’ human resources experience which spans many industries. Our expertise attracts clients who are leaders in their field, or who aspire to be, and therefore they are looking for an HR agency which has proven expertise and can coach them through to the level they desire.
What’s the difference between your membership and others I have seen?
Lots. Industryus is a specialist HR agency offering best in class employment relations service and expertise. This means we really know our stuff! Our membership suits organisations who are looking for a true specialist, and something different to what larger call centre type providers can offer.
The best thing about our membership is that we don’t cap the number of times you can call us! You also won’t reach a call centre, and you won’t have to tell someone your entire backstory each time you call for advice. The Industryus membership doesn’t require you to be locked in for 3 or 5 years, and did we mention that our advice line is manned by experienced employment relations consultants?
We also have three levels of membership. Find out more here.
Our members also gain access to our online portal which offer a range of useful documentation for leaders to use when managing day to day obligations. We are always thinking outside the box, and regularly add new and relevant forms and templates to the suite. Our portal is also really easy to access, and our members love that they can be self-sufficient with anything from running recruitment interviews to terminating an employee.
New members also participate in our free and unique induction program which helps us get to know your organisation and any gap areas in your human resources.
Do we have to be a member to engage Industryus?
No, not at all. However, there are extra benefits members receive such as priority project scheduling, access to our comprehensive portal and member pricing for products and services. Becoming a member is the best value option but it’s not essential.
We are already compliant so I don’t think we need any improvement work done. Can we use your advice service only?
Yes absolutely. We have many clients who have engaged Industryus because they simply want the peace of mind of having access to human resources advice whenever they need it. We have three membership levels, so there is something to suit your situation.
Why should I invest in HR?
That’s simple. If you don’t invest in human resources, at some stage it will catch up to you. An unfair dismissal claim could cost up to half of an employee’s annual salary. A discrimination claim could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. A wages underpayment claim will need to be back paid and this could cost tens of thousands of dollars (or even hundreds of thousands) if you have been underpaying for a long period. These amounts don’t include the cost of your time, the stress or the legal fees it takes to defend such claims. Investing in human resources support makes sense.
Engaging an experienced HR provider will ensure your organisation will have access to up to date advice on important legislative changes and the correct way to handle matters such as performance management and complaints.
One of the most valuable benefits of outsourcing your HR is that it saves you time and stress. Managers gain access to over the phone advice, so they can make decisions more confidently. Our CEOs and GMs love the fact that they are contacted less by their leaders about trivial people matters – and this is because the Industryus team takes up the slack.
Investing in human resources for your organisation should be a no brainer. Consider it an insurance policy just like your annual home insurance. And besides, it’s been proven many times over that the benefits of a well-functioning team will translate into better revenue and less operating costs.
Do I really need an outsourced HR provider?
If you haven’t had your HR compliance checked recently by an expert (or ever!) how would you know if your organisation is compliant? Your organisation may be ticking along ok, but is it really operating the best it could be?
Below are some reasons why organisations engage an external human resources provider:
- The organisation has grown and leaders need the support of having regular access to an HR consultant;
- There are concerns that the organisation may not be compliant with Fair Work laws, and a check is warranted;
- There may not be human resources expertise in the organisation, so having an expert on hand for advice and support provides peace of mind;
- There may already be basic HR support in the organisation, but this person may not have the expertise to manage more complex staff matters and cannot take the business to the next level;
- Leaders may not have the time to effectively manage their human resources obligations;
- It may be more financially beneficial to outsource human resources, rather than paying someone internally to focus on it;
- There may be a need for a specialist to implement a new HR program or initiative or a larger project that the business is not resourced for;
- There may be interest in gaining an HR mentor for a less experienced staff member;
- There is internal recognition that good HR is vital to the bottom line and the organisation is keen to engage a reputable firm to work with.
What locations do you service?
Industryus clients are currently located as far north as Cairns, as far south as Melbourne and in regional centres. We operate nationally, so regardless of where you are located, we can work together.
Do you offer a free consultation? Will you do the hard sell on me during the consultation?
We offer a free 30-minute Introductory Call. You can book one here.
During the Introductory Call we will find out more about your organisation and the human resources issues at hand, and we will advise how we could help you based on what you have told us.
Anyone attending does not need to be concerned about hard-selling techniques – it’s really not our style! We let our expertise do the talking and provide you options to take away to consider.
Do you accept credit card?
Yes. We accept credit card for all products and services. Many of our clients prefer credit card for flexibility and so they can take advantage of airline mileage schemes.
I want to change HR providers but I’m not sure how. Can you assist?
Absolutely. The best thing to do is to book in a free 30-minute Introductory Call which can be done here. Some providers have exit terms and conditions. If you are unsure, we can assist you to understand your obligations, making the switch smooth and easy.